Embracing our circumstamces in the midst of discouragement
Have you ever just wanted to say, " I can't take it anymore “?
"Champions are brilliant at the basics." -- John Wooden
We have all heard someone say, "Stick to the Basics." This is the truth that transcends through success and failure. Success is not the opposite of failure, success is the sum of all our failures. Failure is the results of effort. The question is not if we fail but how much. When we strive for perfection, we will achieve excellence. The process of pursuing perfection is filled with challenges, hurdles, and learning experiences.
In the pursuance of perfection, how we think is important. Avoiding failures results in procrastination and delay, embracing failure propels us to new opportunities. As we embrace the opportunities in front of us, we choose to learn for the future or allow discouragement to cripple our thinking. Pursuing perfection does not mean the absence of failure, but learning to be disciplined, persistent, and consistent.
The secret to pursuing perfection and achieving excellence is:
1. Embracing a mindset of success. When we embark on a new opportunity, thinking of the victory versus of why we will face defeat is the vital to our success.
2. Embracing a system or process. The key to every championship team on every level is the willingness to follow a proven system or process. A system or process focuses our attention on the basics.
3. Embracing a disciplined outlook. To be consistent, we need to be willing to do what we need to do, when we should do it, whether we feel like it or not. Champions understand that trick plays and exceptions are not the reason for success. Adherence to the basics keeps our eyes on the goal when confusion attempts to draw our attention.
4. Embracing a consistent effort. Millionaire dreams require millionaire effort. Often people have millionaire dreams with poverty effort. Success happens with consistent, honest effort.
5. Embracing a champion's attitude. Attitude does not guarantee immediate success, attitude will keep our perspective above the circumstance. Attitude determines altitude. Altitude provides better perspective on the whole situation.
Champions embrace failure as a next step to the goal. When our focus is on the goal, setbacks, challenges, and failures prepare us for the next goal. As we strive to achieve our goals, we are pursuing excellence. Excellence is the success we will achieve when we strive for perfection. When we rise above our circumstances we can focus on the solution and not the discouragement that leads us to say, " I can't take it anymore!"
Decide to today to become excellent and not let excuses derail our direction!
Business Coach Bob Reish
If you liked this post, please share it, comment and Connect on LinkedIn to get more!
Coach Bob Reish is the President and Certified Business Coach of Bob Reish Business Coaching LLC. Coach Bob is partnered with FocalPoint Business Coaching International powered by Brian Tracy. He has a wealth of experience in business coaching and corporate training, amassing more them 12,000 hours of coaching and training with over 7,000 professionals and business owners. He is the author of, “If You Are Selling Cookies, I’m Interested!”
Throughout his career, Coach Bob has established and maintained strong relationships with professionals from a wide variety of companies. The principle that governs his work is when we change the way we think, we will change our world.
To Subscribe to Coach Bob’s Newsletter, Click Here